Subject: bug#11776: Guile

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 23:24:39 +0200

Hi,

Cyril Roelandt <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I'm trying to run Guile 2.0.5 on Debian GNU/Hurd in a qemu virtual machine.
>
> I installed Guile from the tarball, with no configure options at
> all. I'm getting the following error:
>
> $ ./meta/guile
> GNU Guile 2.0.5
> Copyright (C) 1995-2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>
> Guile comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `,show w'.
> This program is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
> under certain conditions; type `,show c' for details.
>
> Enter `,help' for help.
> scheme@(guile-user)> (+ 1 2)
> Illegal instruction

For the record, I can’t reproduce it with the QEMU image at
<http://hydra.nixos.org/build/2729559/download/1/disk-image.qcow2>,
which contains Guile 2.0.5.178 (from the ‘stable-2.0’ branch),
cross-built with thread support.

Something like this works fine:

  (map (compose join-thread
                (lambda (i) (call-with-new-thread (lambda () i))))
       (iota 1000))

Thanks,
Ludo’.