Subject: bug#11753: 24.1.50; r108659; `compilation-next-error-function' calls `cl--set-nthcdr' at runtime (macro expansion problem?)

From: Richard Copley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 15:21:37 +0100

As of trunk revision 108659, the default next-error function in
compilation-mode appears to have a run-time dependency
upon subst `cl--set-nthcdr'.

Recipe from `emacs -Q' (assuming current directory contains files that
contain "x"):

M-x grep RET x SPC * RET C-x `

Expected result: successfully go to location of first match.

Actual result: go to location of first match then ding, saying:
  "compilation-next-error-function: Symbol's function definition is void: cl--set-nthcdr".

In GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
of 2012-06-19 on 57172UHB
Bzr revision: 108659 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
`configure --with-gcc (4.6) --enable-checking --cflags
-fno-omit-frame-pointer -L c:/gnuwin32/lib -I c:/gnuwin32/include'

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSDATA: C:/Emacs/emacs-108659/etc
  value of $EMACSDOC: C:/Emacs/emacs-108659/etc
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH: C:/Emacs/emacs-108659/site-lisp;C:/Emacs/emacs-108659/../site-lisp;C:/Emacs/emacs-108659/lisp;C:/Emacs/emacs-108659/leim
  value of $EMACSPATH: C:/Emacs/emacs-108659/bin
  value of $LANG: ENG
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x g r e p <return> x SPC * <return> C-x `
M-x r e p o r t - e m a c s - b u g <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Grep finished (matches found)
compilation-next-error-function: Symbol's function definition is void: cl--set-nthcdr

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr help-fns help-mode view emacsbug
message format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils shell pcomplete
grep compile comint ansi-color ring time-date tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 disp-table ls-lisp w32-win
w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process multi-tty emacs)
DISCLAIMER:
This email and any attachments hereto contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be confidential or legally privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail and you are not the intended recipient(s), please notify the author by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail or any attachments, as this may be unlawful.