Subject: bug#11749: Acknowledgement (24.1; C-mode indentation gives wrong-type-argument error.)

From: Michael Welsh Duggan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 13:47:15 -0400

Michael Welsh Duggan <[email-masked]> writes:

> Michael Welsh Duggan <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>>> There is generally no way to re-create it, so I've stopped reporting
>>>> these.  I wish there were some way to record all actions in c-mode
>>>> buffers such that they could be saved and re-played when this type of
>>>> problem happens.  If there were some sort of debug flag I could turn
>>>> on, I would turn it on by default and hopefully be able to catch some
>>>> useful information.
>>>
>>> M-x c-toggle-parse-state-debug
>>>
>>> (or (c-toggle-parse-state-debug 1) in your .emacs).  Warning: variable
>>> `c-debug-parse-state' is not buffer local.  I wrote this on 19th October
>>> last year to help sort out the bug you reported a little earlier.  :-)
>>>
>>> It works by calculating c-parse-state twice for each call - The first
>>> time normally, then again with the internal state bound to "newly
>>> initialised".  If the the two results differ, they are printed to
>>> *Messages*, together with the saved previous state.  If this does
>>> trigger, please note any recent buffer changes.  It may make editing
>>> intolerably slow.
>>
>> I will turn this on.

I turned this on, and inserted a (ding) where cc-mode outputs an
inconsistency message.  I can barely stand to edit code now, due to
what seem to be almost every key press causing a beep.  Have you made
any progress here, or do you need more data?

-- 
Michael Welsh Duggan
([email-masked])