Subject: Re: bug#11749: Acknowledgement (24.1; C-mode indentation gives wrong-type-argument error.)

From: Kim Storm <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 14:37:23 +0200

On 2012-08-31 13:01, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 00:49:53 +0200
>> From: Kim Storm<[email-masked]>
>>
>> M-x report-emacs-bug obviously refuses to include any useful information
> How does it refuse to do that?  Any error messages, or some other
> hints?
>
No, it sent the message, but the text I had pasted into the mail buffer 
had vanished
when I checked in debbugs. So fortunately I had saved a copy of the message
(based on previous experience *) so I could send it again.

*) The first time I sent that bug report emacs had removed the entire 
body (at that
time I was asked something about problems with the character set or 
something,
and I guess I said "go ahead").

Still the original problem makes 24.1 and 24.2 absolutely useless for me.
It works fine for some time -- and then suddenly it barfs about 
indentation all the time.
I know I should start from -Q etc. - but I need to get some work done ...

I really wonder why I'm the only one seeing this -- can my C style 
really be that different :-)

BTW - 23.4 has quite some display problems with Debian / Gnome - it 
leaves highlight artifacts
and missing screen updates when scrolling and when killing and inserting 
text
  ... those problems are still present in 24.2 ... and maybe they've 
gotten worse.

I remember having seen some bug reports about it, so I haven't bothered
reporting them -- but it happens "all the time".

Kim