Subject: bug#13385: closed (Re: 24.1; C-mode indentation gives wrong-type-argument error.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2013 18:45:04 +0000

Your bug report

#11749: 24.1; TAB in C file causes type error

which was filed against the emacs,cc-mode package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
11749: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=11749
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: 24.1; C-mode indentation gives wrong-type-argument error.
From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 18:37:09 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Bug fixed.

Subject: 24.1; TAB in C file causes type error
From: Julian Stecklina <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 14:49:07 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

While editing C files, I sometimes stumble upon the following error. I
cannot reliably reproduce its first occurence, but when it occurs it
will break indenting code until I kill the buffer and revisit the file.

I removed all cc-mode customization from my .emacs.el, but it doesn't
make a difference.

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p (51932 . 51982))
  c-looking-at-inexpr-block((51932 . 51982) (51932 . 51982))
  c-inside-bracelist-p(52112 ((51932 . 51982) 54476 (52112 . 54355) 54476 (52112 . 54355) 52112 (51932 . 51982) 52112 (51932 . 51982) 52112 (46073 . 46349) (51932 . 51982) 52112 (46073 . 46349) (51932 . 51982) 52112 (51932 . 51982) 52112 (51932 . 51982) 52112 (51932 . 51982) 52112 (51932 . 51982) 52112 (46073 . 46349) (51932 . 51982) 52112 (51932 . 51982) 52112 (46073 . 46349) (51932 . 51982) 52112 (51932 . 51982) 52112 (46073 . 46349) (51932 . 51982) 51213 51180 50702 (50307 . 50564)))
  c-guess-basic-syntax()
  c-indent-line()
  #[nil "\302\303 !\210\304>\203.^@\212\305 \210\306\307x\210\305 \210\310 )i\310 X\203'^@\311	!\202,^@\212\311	!))\207 \207" [indent-line-function column syntax-propertize line-end-position (indent-relative indent-relative-maybe) beginning-of-line "\n 	" nil current-indentation indent-line-to] 2 2125346 nil]()
  c-indent-command(nil)
  c-indent-line-or-region(nil nil)
  call-interactively(c-indent-line-or-region nil nil)