Subject: bug#11749: Acknowledgement (24.1; C-mode indentation gives wrong-type-argument error.)

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 22:13:44 +0000

Hi, Glenn.

On Tue, Jan 08, 2013 at 02:10:58PM -0500, Glenn Morris wrote:

> If you'd like to see this in the next pretest, please install this in
> emacs-24 as soon as possible.

DONE.  I'll be looking forward to the new pretest ?tomorrow.

> FWIW, here is some sanity checking from someone who knows nothing about
> cc-mode (other than the terror that it brings). Just ignore any of these
> comments if they are obviously wrong.

> Alan Mackenzie wrote:

> > + (defvar c-state-old-cpp-beg-marker)

> I guess you wanted to give that an actual value, ie

> (defvar c-state-old-cpp-beg-marker nil)

Sugar!  I must stop being caught out by this.  That construct merely
interns a symbol, leaving its value unbound.  Thanks very much for
catching this.

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).