Subject: bug#11749: Acknowledgement (24.1; C-mode indentation gives wrong-type-argument error.)

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 20:58:12 +0000

Hello, Yidong.

On Sun, Nov 04, 2012 at 11:43:26AM +0800, Chong Yidong wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]> writes:

> > The cause was the cache invalidation function being called from
> > after-change-functions.  The newly inserted parens were fouling up the
> > invalidation algorithm.  :-(  The solution is to call that function from
> > before-change-functions instead.

> > The changes are currently as follows.  Would you try out the patch as
> > usual, please, and let me know how it goes.

> Hi Alan,

> When you are ready to commit this, please commit to the emacs-24 branch
> (as opposed to the trunk).  I think this should be fixed for Emacs 24.3.
> Thanks.

I've just committed the current state of the bug fixes to Emacs-24 in
anticipation of the coming pretest.  (I also bumped CC Mode's version
number.)  Can I assume that you or Stefan will copy the changes to the
trunk?

There is, however, at least one outstanding bug, as reported by Michael
on 2012-11-14.  I'm trying to track this one down, but at the moment I
can't reproduce it.

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).