Subject: bug#11746: closed (Re: bug#11746: feature request: `isearch-query-replace' should open invisible text)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 23:09:02 +0000

Your bug report

#11746: feature request: `isearch-query-replace' should open invisible text

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
11746: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=11746
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#11746: feature request: `isearch-query-replace' should open invisible text
From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
To: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 02:04:50 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

>> > if you have `search-invisible' non-nil, isearch "opens" invisible
>> > text.  But when you hit M-% or C-M-% while searching, you loose this
>> > ability: point will just be put inside invisible areas, and you don't
>> > see what you're doing.
>>
>> The recent adaptation of isearch functions to `perform-replace'
>> makes it easy to implement this now.
>
> This sounds great.

Sorry for the delay, it required more testing with more fixes
like adding `isearch-clean-overlays' to `replace-dehighlight', etc.
This is installed now.

Subject: feature request: `isearch-query-replace' should open invisible text
From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 19:56:52 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

if you have `search-invisible' non-nil, isearch "opens" invisible
text.  But when you hit M-% or C-M-% while searching, you loose this
ability: point will just be put inside invisible areas, and you don't
see what you're doing.  This is somewhat inconsistent.  Having an open
invisible feature for replacing text would be very convenient - think
of org files, for example.

Dunno if this would be easy to implement.  `isearch-query-replace'
uses just `perform-replace' from replace.el, which doesn't care about
invisible text.

Thanks,

Michael.

In GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.2)
 of 2012-06-15 on zelenka, modified by Debian
 (emacs-snapshot package, version 2:20120615-1)
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11201902
Configured using:
 `configure '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu' '--host' 'i486-linux-gnu'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.1.50/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.1.50/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--without-compress-info' '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/'
 '--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-imagemagick=yes'
 'build_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=i486-linux-gnu'
 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=5000 -g -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-g
 -Wl,--as-needed -znocombreloc' 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''