Subject: bug#11744: 24.1.50; (emacs) `Dired Updating': bad grammar, confusing text

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 09:53:41 -0700

"If you use `k' with a numeric prefix argument to kill the line for a
file that is a directory, which you have inserted in the Dired buffer
as a subdirectory, it removed that subdirectory line from the buffer as
well."
 
Remove the first comma.  Change "removed" to "removes".
 
But anyway, the last part is all wrong.  You are killing "the line for a
file that is a directory".  `C-1' does not "remove that subdirectory
line from the buffer _as well_".  Killing that line _means_ removing
that line.

What this text is trying to say is presumably something like this:
 
If you use `k' to kill the line naming a subdirectory, and the listing
for that subdirectory is inserted (even if hidden), then that inserted
listing is removed as well.

(The "(even if hidden)" part is additional information.)

In GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-06-18 on MARVIN
Bzr revision: 108646 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.13.1-1-dev/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8/include/libxml2'