Subject: 24.1; Daemon Dies When X Exits

From: Alejandro Benitez <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 23:57:22 -0300

Looks like this bug is not going to be reopened, but I'd like to leave
things clear just in case:

The long-standing bug in GTK+ that prevents Emacs from recovering from
X disconnects

http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=85715

used *not* to get triggered by the following use case scenario in
Emacs 23.4 (GTK+ version):

1. Start an Emacs daemon, even outside of X
2. then open an emacsclient frame in X
3. then C-x 5 0
4. then exit X

But in Emacs version 24.1 the daemon started to crash in the above use
case, due to the GTK+ bug.
What I would like to stress is: The GTK+ bug used *not* to get
triggered if you were careful to follow the 4 steps above, until
version 24.1.

The last Emacs (GTK+ version) that I was able to use the daemon was
GNU Emacs 23.4.1 (i686-pc-cygwin, GTK+ Version 2.24.10) of 2012-05-16.