Subject: bug#11740: Message erroneously marked c-format in coreutils.pot from 8.17

From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 07:49:13 -0600

forcemerge 11470 11740
thanks

On 06/19/2012 07:35 AM, Philipp Thomas wrote:
> While translating the coreutils messages to German I stumbled over the
> message for src/fmt.c:285 in coreutils.pot which is erroneously marked
> c-format. This will make msgfmt fail because it thinks that the percentage
> sign in »(default of 93% of width)« is a format specification and stops
> because of differing format specification between msgid and msgstr.
> Manually removing the c-format comment line will make msgfmt succeed.

You're the sixth person to report this.  It has already been fixed for
the next release of coreutils.
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/coreutils.git/commit/?id=e2bd5cda0a34

Perhaps it would be worth pushing an updated coreutils.pot to the
translation project without waiting for the next coreutils release, if
only to stop these bug reports from continuing to come in.

-- 
Eric Blake   [email-masked]    +1-919-301-3266
Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org