Subject: bug#1174: 23.0.60; Some UTF-8 mails displaying wrongly in Emacs 23

From: James Cloos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 18:54:53 -0400

>>>>> "Frank" == Frank Schmitt <[email-masked]> writes:

[Catching up on mail backlog -JimC]

Frank> You mean the headers of the mail?

Frank> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
Frank> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Frank> and in the working one 

Frank> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
Frank> Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I reported this bug on the ding list some time back.

Shortly after the unicode-2 branch was merged into trunk changes were
made to gnus wrt unibyte vs multibyte buffers and/or strings at the
stage where it decodes article bodies.

The change broke much (all?) UTF-8 mail which has an 8bit CTE.

It had worked fine (in the unicode-2 branch) until then.

-JimC
-- 
James Cloos <[email-masked]>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6