Subject: bug#1174: 23.0.60; Some UTF-8 mails displaying wrongly in Emacs 23

From: Frank Schmitt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 10:36:36 +0200

Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]> writes:

> Frank Schmitt <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> In Emacs 23 in the mail from my boss I get
>> Char: � (4194300, #o17777774, #x3ffffc, raw-byte) point=212 of 461 (46%) column=4
>
> How is that character encoded in the mail?

You mean the headers of the mail?

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

and in the working one 

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

-- 
Have you ever considered how much text can fit in eighty columns?  Given that a
signature typically contains up to four lines of text, this space allows you to
attach a tremendous amount of valuable information to your messages.  Seize the
opportunity and don't waste your signature on bullshit that nobody cares about.