Subject: bug#11732: Follow-up to bug#11732

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2018 15:17:34 -0400

On 28 June 2018 at 09:28, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Thanks.  It could be that Windows 10 works differently.  Or it could
> be some effect of the fact that you use a Japanese input method.  (Is
> it feasible for you to check on a system without IME installed?)

>> > It's possible that this is somehow related to the fact that I have my
>> > Windows systems configured to enable "active window tracking"
>> > (a.k.a. "focus follows mouse"), but even so, I'd like to be able to
>> > avoid that adverse side effect on systems that are so configured.
>>
>> Could you tell me how to set up "active windows tracking" on Windows
>> 10?  I could find some information on the Net, but still not sure how
>> to do.
>
> Try these links, one of them will do the trick, I hope:
>

I couldn't find any problem in dialog boxes on my Windows 10 box after
applying the patch, I don't have Japanese IME enabled/installed, as
far as I know.

>   https://winaero.com/blog/turn-on-xmouse-active-window-tracking-focus-follows-mouse-pointer-feature-in-windows-8-1-windows-8-and-windows-7/

I tried also after applying the "activate a window by hovering over it
with a mouse", and it made no difference (to Emacs, that is).