Subject: Follow-up to bug#11732

From: Masayuki Hatta <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 18:10:26 +0900

Hi!

Recently I built Emacs 26.1 on Windows 10 (w/ MSYS2 64bit) with the
patch as mentioned earlier.  It works as expected and seems to bring
no lousy side effects anymore.

This problem has been making Emacs on Windows almost unusable for
Japanese users (so most of them use their patched binary).  Thus I
appreciate if you apply the patch again.

Best regards,
MH

-----
What I did:

Following the instruction in INSTALL.W64 almost verbatim, using the
latest (as of Jun. 26, 2018) MSYS2 64bit on Windows 10 Pro 1803.

Applied the attached patch (this is against 26.1, but I am pretty sure
you can apply it to HEAD) and build.

Tested with "File -> Open File" dialog and "(w32-font-select)" dialog.
Both seem to work.

Also tested with Microsoft IME, ATOK 2017, Google Japanese Input and
SKKFEP (those are popular Japanese input system for Windows).

Please let me know if you want me to do additional info, tests, etc.

-- 
Masayuki Hatta
Associate Professor, Faculty of Economics and Management, Surugadai
University, Japan

http://about.me/mhatta

[email-masked]  / [email-masked] / [email-masked] /
[email-masked]