Subject: Re: bug#11732: Follow-up to bug#11732

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2018 12:21:35 +0200

> Moreover, I sometimes see the same problem in my "normal" Emacs
 > session running 26.1 sources where this change was not done (but in
 > "emacs -Q" I cannot trigger the problem unless I make the change).

On XP or 7?

 > So I think it's not the proposed change that does it, it's something
 > we don't do entirely correctly that interacts badly with
 > focus-follows-mouse configuration.  Which is why I said that unless
 > you have ideas how to fix this, we should simply install the proposed
 > change, and deal with the dialog problems separately, perhaps using
 > the changes I tried and you fixed.

These changes are not yet fixed.  At least here the selected frame
remains topmost even after the dialog finished which is even worse
than the disease it tried to cure.  I have to remove the frame from
that group, probably in w32_dialog_in_progress.

 >> The proposed change is very beneficial for me.  Then I can ask people
 >> using MS Windows to type in Japanese character using Emacs in a Texinfo
 >> document.  Could you install it!?
 >
 > I'm waiting for Martin to tell whether he has some ideas about the
 > negative effects this has on popup dialogs.  We will install the
 > change after that, with or without the remedies for those problems.

Please install without any remedies.  If I find a way to fix this I'll
get back to you.

martin