Subject: gnus-summary-rescan-group loses expirable marks

From: Dave Abrahams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 12:22:51 -0700

I'm confused.  According to the docs gnus-summary-rescan-group is
supposed to "Exit the newsgroup, ask for new articles, and select the
newsgroup."  However, when I use it, articles I've marked expirable
remain in the group and lose their expirable marks.  I was expecting
those articles to be deleted, as that's what happens when I actually
exit and re-enter the group.  This is on my INBOX, which is presumably
controlled by the following customization:

 '(gnus-parameters
   (quote
    (("^INBOX"
      (expiry-wait . immediate)
      (expiry-target . delete)
      (display .
               [or
                (not reply)
                (not expire)])))))

Ma Gnus v0.6
GNU Emacs 24.0.94.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin11.4.0, Carbon Version 1.6.0 AppKit 1138.47)
 of 2012-05-24 on pluto.luannocracy.com

-- 
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing
http://www.boostpro.com