Subject: bug#11726: closed (Re: bug#11726: 24.1; `C-x C-q' should say that the buffer is now read only or writable)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 14:18:03 +0000

Your bug report

#11726: 24.1; `C-x C-q' should say that the buffer is now read only or writable

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
11726: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=11726
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#11726: 24.1; `C-x C-q' should say that the buffer is now read only or writable
From: Bastien <[email-masked]>
To: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 16:14:32 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Drew,

"Drew Adams" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Subject line says it all.  Yes, the mode line tells you the new status,
> but it is common courtesy for a mode toggle to announce the new state
> with a message.  Newbies, in particular, can benefit from such a
> message, not necessarily noticing or understanding the mode-line symbol
> change.

I added a message after `C-x C-q' -- thanks.

-- 
 Bastien

Subject: 24.1; `C-x C-q' should say that the buffer is now read only or writable
From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 16:07:42 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Subject line says it all.  Yes, the mode line tells you the new status,
but it is common courtesy for a mode toggle to announce the new state
with a message.  Newbies, in particular, can benefit from such a
message, not necessarily noticing or understanding the mode-line symbol
change.

In GNU Emacs 24.1.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-06-10 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include'