Subject: bug#11723: 24.1.50; IMAP flags not synchronized from IMAP to Gnus

From: Luca Capello <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 15:23:22 +0200

Hi there!

On Wed, 05 Sep 2012 20:40:10 +0200, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Luca Capello <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Exiting Gnus & Emacs, restarting both and I had to wait for the
>> subscription to all my IMAP folders (more than 1000) and also for the
>> initial sync of all of them.  Then, I discovered that I have each folder
>> twice, one with "nnimap+home.pca.it:" and one without.
>
> Yes, that's to be expected, and isn't a bug.

Do you care to elaborate why this is not a bug?  Both declarations are
for nnimap, with the same name, which means that they are the same: I
found very strange that they are actually not simply because

>> Even worse, the flags in the "without" IMAP folders are not
>> synchronized *from* IMAP to Gnus, while they are on the other way
>> around.
>
> That sounds like a bug, though.  What does `G E' on one of these groups
> look like?  And does `M-g' fix anything?

I am sorry, but by error at the beginning of July I started from scratch
because I deleted my whole ~/Mail folder.  I now use syncmaildir
<http://syncmaildir.sourceforge.net/> with a local Dovecot because of
#8055.  I have not found the time yet to try Magnus Henoch's patch,
which has not landed in the unofficial Debian emacs-snapshot
(2:20121009-1), whose `emacs-version' says:

  GNU Emacs 24.2.50.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.2) of
  2012-10-09 on dex, modified by Debian

Feel free to close this bug since I am not able to provide any more
useful information.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca