Subject: 24.1.50; `all-completions' returns results with wrong case

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 20:58:29 +0200

Hello,

I use emacs-snapshot on Debian Linux ("GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1
(i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.2)\n of 2012-06-14 on zelenka,
modified by Debian").

I have a directory "~/Trash".  If I eval

   (let ((completion-ignore-case t))
     (all-completions "~/tra" 'read-file-name-internal 
                      'file-exists-p nil))

in emacs -Q, I get

  (#("trash/" 0 3 (face completions-common-part)))

Note the wrong lower case of the result.  In Emacs 23, however, I get

  ("Trash/")

that is, the right case.

Not sure if this is really a bug, but, at least, this change in
behavior is documented nowhere, and it causes a completion bug in
Icicles.

Thanks,

Michael.

In GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.2)
 of 2012-06-14 on zelenka, modified by Debian
 (emacs-snapshot package, version 2:20120614-1)
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11201902
Configured using:
 `configure '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu' '--host' 'i486-linux-gnu'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.1.50/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.1.50/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--without-compress-info' '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/'
 '--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-imagemagick=yes'
 'build_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=i486-linux-gnu'
 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=5000 -g -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-g
 -Wl,--as-needed -znocombreloc' 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''