Subject: bug#11718: 24.1.50; `all-completions' returns results with wrong case

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 04:17:54 +0200

Hello Stefan,

> And what I'm saying is that a completion table which handles quoting
> such as read-file-name-internal returns file names which are partly
> taken from the completion input and partly from the file-system.

I'm still learning how that completion table stuff is working.

I think, since Icicles doesn't respect quoting all the time anyway, we
should suffice with this completion table:

(completion-table-in-turn #'completion--embedded-envvar-table
                          #'completion-file-name-table)  ; not: completion--file-name-table

which would circumvent the problem.

But I have another question:

(all-completions "/usr/share/emacs/24.1.50/lisp/$HO"
                 #'completion--embedded-envvar-table)

returns ("HOME").  What I would expect is ("$HOME").  Is this a bug?  If
not, is there a way to get ("$HOME")?

Thank you for your patience,

Michael.