Subject: bug#1171: #1171 - ns-version-string - Emacs bug report logs

From: Adrian Robert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 09:14:58 -0400

> If there is a meaningful version number for the external GNUstep/Mac
> components (analogous to gtk-version-string) against which Emacs was
> built, that could also be printed. My complaint is indeed about the
> hard-coded "0.9".

OK, I've changed it to output a version number determined compile-time  
from the toolkit, currently one of:

gnustep-gui-###
apple-appkit-###

Yavor, if you decide it's better to report the GNUstep base version  
also, you can use NSFoundationVersionNumber for OS X.

There are four other files where I replaced 9.0 with 23.0.60 or  
variants of it.  Eventually it would be nice to do this automatically  
with autoconf.  In this case it is important NOT to include the  
extra .# build number that emacs' build system generates.  This, by  
itself, *should* be used for the CFBundleVersion in the Cocoa  
Info.plist however.

nextstep/Cocoa/Emacs.base/Contents/Info.plist
nextstep/Cocoa/Emacs.base/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/ 
InfoPlist.strings
nextstep/GNUstep/Emacs.base/Resources/Emacs.desktop
nextstep/GNUstep/Emacs.base/Resources/Info-gnustep.plist