Subject: bug#11708: closed (Re: bug#11708: 24.1; Doctor fails to be specific)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 14:28:02 +0000

Your bug report

#11708: 24.1; Doctor fails to be specific

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
11708: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=11708
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#11708: 24.1; Doctor fails to be specific
From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] (Joel J. Adamson)
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 16:24:55 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Fixed for 24.2

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."

Subject: 24.1; Doctor fails to be specific
From: [email-masked] (Joel J. Adamson)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 09:23:13 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When the doctor asks about a particular problem, he is no longer
specific about it, using the language of the patient:

======================================================================
I am the psychotherapist.  Please, describe your problems.  Each time
you are finished talking, type RET twice.

I have a fixed self-concept

Why do you say?

I'm great

Is it because of your plans that you say?

Yes, actually, I spend a lot of time planning and my plans never match reality

Maybe your life has something to do with this.

It is my life

What makes you believe?
======================================================================

He should be saying something like "What makes you believe it's your
life?"

Just isearching for "that you say" in doctor.el leads me to

(set (make-local-variable 'doctor--huhlst)
       '(((doc$ doctor--whysay) (doc// doctor-sent) \?)
	 (is it because of (doc$ doctor--things) that you say (doc//
       doctor-sent) \?)))

in `make-doctor-variables'.  Is `doc//' not evaluating?  Perhaps I
believe this is due to recent changes in doctor.el?  Perhaps my hangups
have something to do with this?       

In GNU Emacs 24.1.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10)
 of 2012-06-11 on bitzer.hoetzel.info
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11202000
Configured using:
 `configure '--prefix=/usr' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--with-xft'
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Doctor

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  footnote-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  epa-global-mail-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent input:
y o u SPC l a t e r <return> <return> w h a t e v e 
r , SPC d u d e <return> <return> I S-SPC s a i d SPC 
" g o o d b y e ! " <return> <return> I SPC t h i n 
k SPC y o u SPC m a y SPC h a v e SPC b e e n SPC r 
e p r o g r a m m e d , SPC d o c t o r <return> <return> 
I d i d n ' t M-D I SPC d i d n ' t SPC p l a n SPC 
o n SPC h a v i n g SPC a SPC t h e r a p y SPC s e 
s s i o n SPC t o d a y <return> <return> b y e <return> 
<return> l a t e r <return> <return> n o <return> <return> 
I SPC d o n ' t SPC w a n t SPC t o SPC t a l k SPC 
a n y m o r e <return> <return> C-x b d o c <return> 
M-< C-v C-v C-v C-s t h a t SPC o u SPC s a y M-D C-s 
t h a t SPC y o u SPC s a y C-g C-s C-s C-s <return> 
C-s t h a t SPC y o u SPC s a y <return> C-x b <return> 
C-r t h a t SPC y o u SPC s a y C-r <return> C-p C-p 
M-< C-s t h a t SPC y o u SPC s a y M-< M-x r e p o 
r t SPC e m M-D <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Error during redisplay: (wrong-type-argument arrayp nil) [10 times]
Mark set
Error during redisplay: (wrong-type-argument arrayp nil) [10 times]
Mark saved where search started
byte-code: Buffer is read-only: #<buffer doctor.el.gz>
Quit
Mark saved where search started [2 times]
Mark set
Mark saved where search started
Mark set

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug eldoc jka-compr help-mode view doctor org-archive
thingatpt multi-isearch gnus-draft mule-util mailalias smtpmail ispell
gnus-cite bbdb-gui url-http url-auth url-gw gnus-gravatar gravatar
url-cache url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-util url-parse url-vars sort shr-color color shr
browse-url gnus-async gnus-bcklg qp gnus-ml disp-table nndraft nnmh
nndoc nnml utf-7 epa-file gnutls network-stream auth-source eieio assoc
starttls nnimap parse-time tls utf7 netrc nnfolder bbdb-gnus bbdb-snarf
mail-extr bbdb-com cl bbdb-autoloads nnnil gnus-agent gnus-srvr
gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime password-cache dig mailcap nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum nnoo
gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message idna rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus
gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util wid-edit cal-iso tla smerge-mode newcomment
dvc-state dvc-config diff sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr tla-gnus dvc-gnus dvc-cmenu dvc-about dvc-version vc-bzr
tla-core pp tla-autoconf tla-defs dvc-log vc vc-dispatcher add-log
ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-util ediff-mult
ediff-init ediff xdarcs-core xgit-core xhg-core xmtn-minimal bzr-dvc bzr
dvc-annotate dvc-diff dvc-fileinfo diff-mode bzr-revision dvc-revlist
bzr-core dvc-unified dvc-tips ffap shell footnote org-wl org-w3m org-vm
org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html
org-info org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb
auctex-autoloads tex-site info vala-mode-autoloads package
tabulated-list dvc-autoloads dvc-core dvc-lisp dvc-buffers dvc-ui
dvc-register dvc-utils dvc-emacs ewoc dvc-defs dvc-site org-clock
org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks find-func org-agenda org byte-opt warnings
bytecomp byte-compile cconv macroexp ob-emacs-lisp ob-tangle ob-ref
ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys ob ob-eval
org-pcomplete pcomplete comint org-list org-faces org-compat
org-entities org-macs noutline outline easy-mmode format-spec server
appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs ansi-color
xcscope ring idomenu ido auto-complete-config auto-complete edmacro
kmacro popup ibuf-ext ibuffer reftex reftex-vars dired-x easymenu dired
bbdb regexp-opt timezone uniquify advice help-fns advice-preload
manoj-dark-theme which-func imenu paren savehist avoid epa-mail
mail-utils epa derived epg epg-config time cus-start cus-load time-date
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Joel J. Adamson
Servedio Lab
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

My Research Blog: http://lxmx.wordpress.com
Join the FSF: http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=8164