Subject: Re: bug#11700: 24.1.50; Bad interaction between BiDi and org-tables

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 22:37:58 +0300

> Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 21:10:46 +0300
> From: Dov Grobgeld <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> Do you think that you can provide some lisp code that builds the
> buffer contents and the display properties for the three options that
> ou refered to as an illustration?
> 
> I tried inserting tabs into the buffer before the vertical bars, but
> after reordering it still didn't come out right.

??? What exactly did you try?  You need to have a TAB before and after
each '|' that's between the cells (the outer ones do not need a TAB).
Like this (you should see this correctly in Emacs 24.1; move cursor
with C-f to see the logical order):

‎|      אבגד 	|	הוזחטי     |

Isn't this what you wanted?

As for the display properties, replace the TABs in the example above
with something like this:

  (insert (propertize " " '(display (space :align-to 10))))

The number 10 should be the column where you want the "|" separator to
be aligned.  For the replacement of the second TAB, increment the
value to get the desired alignment of the text of the second cell.