Subject: 23.3; Postscript Print Buffer and :foreground

From: Rodney Sparapani <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 12:01:01 -0500

--text follows this line--

For the *GNU Emacs* buffer, select from the menu
File -> Postscript Print Buffer

I get...

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument listp "red")
   ps-face-attributes("red")
   ps-face-attribute-list((fixed-pitch :foreground "red"))
   ps-plot-with-face(761 787 (fixed-pitch :foreground "red"))
   ps-generate-postscript-with-faces1(1 826)
   ps-generate-postscript-with-faces(1 826)
   ps-generate(#<buffer *GNU Emacs*> 1 826 
ps-generate-postscript-with-faces)
   ps-spool-with-faces(1 826 nil)
   ps-print-with-faces(1 826 nil)
   ps-print-buffer-with-faces(nil)
   call-interactively(ps-print-buffer-with-faces nil nil)

In GNU Emacs 23.3.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
  of 2011-05-03 on kingkong.pcor.mcw.edu
Windowing system distributor `Sun Microsystems, Inc.', version 11.0.10300000
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/opt/local' 
'--with-x-toolkit=lucid' 'CFLAGS=-g''

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: en_US.ISO8859-1
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
   locale-coding-system: iso-latin-1-unix
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Debugger

Minor modes in effect:
   delete-selection-mode: t
   tabbar-mwheel-mode: t
   tabbar-mode: t
   recentf-mode: t
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next>
<prior> <next> <prior> <prior> <next> <help-echo> <switch-frame>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <down-mouse-4>
<mouse-4> <double-down-mouse-4> <double-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4>
<triple-mouse-4> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> <mouse-1>
\ e d <backspace> <backspace> m e d s k i p SPC <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> <f16>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <f18> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<f18> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <f18> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <f18> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <escape> J
<help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> a
% <down> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left>
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left>
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> % <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-movement> <mouse-1> % <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement>
<mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> <f16> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <f18> SPC <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <backspace>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> P <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> I <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
l e v e l s C-c x <help-echo> <switch-frame> <help-echo>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> <mouse-1> <help-echo>
<switch-frame> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement>
<drag-mouse-1> <f20> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <backspace> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> \ \
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> : C-c x <switch-frame> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-movement> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <switch-frame>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> <mouse-1> SPC o f SPC
t h e i r SPC p a t i e n t s C-c x <help-echo> <switch-frame>
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> <mouse-1>
<next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next>
<next> <help-echo> <switch-frame> <help-echo> <switch-frame>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <switch-frame>
<help-echo> <menu-bar> <buffer> C-f <help-echo> M-x
r e p o r t - e m a c s - b u g <return>

Recent messages:
DocView: process pdf->png-1 changed status to exited abnormally with code 1.
LaTeX: successfully formatted {78} pages
Type C-c C-c to toggle between editing or viewing the document.
Modification-flag set
Saving file /home/rsparapa/qhs/background.tex...
Type `C-c C-l' to display results of compilation.
LaTeX: successfully formatted {78} pages
Type C-c C-c to toggle between editing or viewing the document.
Sorting environment...
Removing duplicates... done

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message byte-opt sendmail ecomplete rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils
mailheader canlock sha1 hex-util hashcash mail-utils emacsbug help-mode
view debug ps-mule tabify tex-bar tex-buf toolbar-x noutline outline
font-latex bytecomp byte-compile latex tex-style tex latexenc autorevert
ffap ansi-color ess-eldoc ess-font-lock ess-bugs-d ess-jags-d
ess-smart-underscore ido ess-toolbar ess-mouse mouseme thingatpt
browse-url ess-menu ess-swv ess-noweb noweb-font-lock-mode ess-bugs-l
essd-els ess-sas-d ess-sas-l ess-sas-a ess-arc-d ess-vst-d ess-xls-d
ess-lsp-l ess-sta-d ess-sta-l cc-vars cc-defs make-regexp ess-sp6-d
ess-sp5-d ess-sp3-d ess-r-d ess-tracebug compile ess-developer
ess-r-args eldoc ess-s-l ess-inf ess-utils ess-mode noweb-mode ess
ess-custom executable ess-compat ess-site edmacro kmacro doc-view
jka-compr image-mode tex-site auto-loads delsel dired tabbar easy-mmode
recentf tree-widget wid-edit easymenu tramp-imap assoc tramp-gw
tramp-fish tramp-smb tramp-cache tramp-ftp tramp-cmds tramp regexp-opt
auth-source gnus-util netrc time-date shell comint password-cache
format-spec tramp-compat trampver ps-print ps-def lpr viper viper-ex
viper-macs viper-mous viper-cmd viper-keym ring viper-util viper-init
advice help-fns advice-preload paren cus-start cus-load tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd font-setting
tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind system-font-setting
font-render-setting x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Rodney Sparapani, PhD  Center for Patient Care and Outcomes Research
Sr. Biostatistician               http://www.mcw.edu/pcor
4 wheels good, 2 wheels better!   Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW)
WWLD?:  What Would Lombardi Do?   Milwaukee, WI, USA