Subject: bug#11692: (featurep 'xemacs) not protecting against warnings

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 13:23:36 +0200

Package: emacs
Version: 24.1.50
Severity: minor

New "not known to be defined" warnings are thrown for some (not all)
unknown functions protected with

  (if (featurep 'xemacs) (xemacs-func) (emacs-func))

or

  (cond ((featurep 'xemacs) (xemacs-func))
        (t (emacs-func)))

Some examples:

emulation/edt-mapper.el:550:1:Warning: the function `console-type' is not
    known to be defined.

emulation/tpu-mapper.el:168:48:Warning: the function `event-key' is not known
    to be defined.

vc/ediff-hook.el:263:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be
    defined: add-submenu, add-menu-button, ediff-xemacs-init-menus

vc/ediff-init.el:1828:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be
    defined: device-type, selected-device