Subject: 23.0.60; (substitute-command-keys "\\{...}") adds extra newline

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 15:45:50 -0700

emacs -Q
 
(substitute-command-keys "\\{minibuffer-local-map}") ; or another map
 
The returned string ends in \n\n. It should end in just \n.
 
If text is added after the returned string, then it should be up to
that text to start with a \n if it wants a blank separator line.  If,
for example, it starts instead with ^L, then the current code includes
an extra blank line before the form feed.
 
It should be up to the calling function to decide whether it wants a
blank line at the end - only the calling function knows the context
and whether such a line is appropriate.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2008-10-03 on LENNART-69DE564
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --no-opt --cflags -Ic:/g/include
-fno-crossjumping'