Subject: bug#11689: [PATCH 08/14] etc/tutorials/TUTORIAL: Remove the word `globally'

From: Michael Witten <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 00:08:33 -0000

Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 03:47:39 +0000

If anything, "in the buffer" is the more accurate notion to convey;
I would have liked to write "in the active buffer", but that extended
the line of text a bit too much, requiring changes to more lines
(would that there were a widely used diff format more amenable to
altering human languages).
---
 etc/tutorials/TUTORIAL | 4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/etc/tutorials/TUTORIAL b/etc/tutorials/TUTORIAL
index 0b3cd77..a754b47 100644
--- a/etc/tutorials/TUTORIAL
+++ b/etc/tutorials/TUTORIAL
@@ -663,8 +663,8 @@ There are many C-x commands.  Here is a list of the ones you have learned:
 
 Named eXtended commands are commands which are used even less
 frequently, or commands which are used only in certain modes.  An
-example is the command replace-string, which globally replaces one
-string with another.  When you type M-x, Emacs prompts you at the
+example is the command replace-string, which replaces one string with
+another in the buffer.  When you type M-x, Emacs prompts you at the
 bottom of the screen with M-x and you should type the name of the
 command; in this case, "replace-string".  Just type "repl s<TAB>" and
 Emacs will complete the name.  (<TAB> is the Tab key, usually found
-- 
1.7.10.2.484.gcd07cc5