Subject: [PATCH 04/14] etc/tutorials/TUTORIAL: Eradicate the future tense

From: Michael Witten <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 00:07:05 -0000

Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 03:47:39 +0000

There is usually very little value in using the future tense when
writing about universal and eternal principles.
---
 etc/tutorials/TUTORIAL | 10 +++++-----
 1 file changed, 5 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

diff --git a/etc/tutorials/TUTORIAL b/etc/tutorials/TUTORIAL
index e426056..7d027f7 100644
--- a/etc/tutorials/TUTORIAL
+++ b/etc/tutorials/TUTORIAL
@@ -532,8 +532,8 @@ not lost.  The new name is made by adding "~" to the end of the
 original file's name.
 
 When saving is finished, Emacs displays the name of the file written.
-You should save fairly often, so that you will not lose very much
-work if the system should crash (see the section "Auto Save" below).
+You should save fairly often, so that you do not lose very much
+work if the system crashes (see the section "Auto Save" below).
 
 >> Type C-x C-s TUTORIAL <Return>.
    This should save this tutorial to a file named TUTORIAL, and show
@@ -541,10 +541,10 @@ work if the system should crash (see the section "Auto Save" below).
 
 You can find an existing file, to view it or edit it.  You can also
 find a file which does not already exist.  This is the way to create a
-file with Emacs: find the file, which will start out empty, and then
+file with Emacs: find the file, which starts out empty, and then
 begin inserting the text for the file.  When you ask to "save" the
-file, Emacs will really create the file with the text that you have
-inserted.  From then on, you can consider yourself to be editing an
+file, Emacs actually creates the file with the text that you have
+inserted.  From then on, you may consider yourself to be editing an
 already existing file.

-- 
1.7.10.2.484.gcd07cc5