Subject: Re: bug#11681: GNU Emacs 24.1.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601) Save bug

From: Olaf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 08:19:01 +0200

>>>  "SOFTWARE\GNU\Emacs"
>> not exist, even on CURRENT USER and LOCAL_MACHINE
> 
> Try HLKM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\GNU\Emacs
> 
>>>  "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\emacs.exe"
>>>  "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\runemacs.exe"
>>
>> also not found, I'm using win7 x64!
> 
> "HLKM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths" does exist
> on win7 64-bit. If the emacs.exe and runemacs.exe keys do not exist,
> that could mean that addpm.exe has not run, or that it somehow didn't
> have permission to write these to the registry.

OK; I update my simulation program (reinstall modelsim) and did run
addpm as normal user and administrator. The registry keys are here. The
problem still exist.

Running 'open with' on explorer works so the problem seems to be related
to modelsim ...