Subject: bug#11681: GNU Emacs 24.1.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601) Save bug

From: Olaf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 11:48:36 +0200

>>> So you are saying that if you start Emacs by clicking the runemacs
>>> icon, then you cannot save any files, whereas if you start Emacs by
>>> running emacs.exe directly, the problem goes away, is that right?
>>
>> It seems to be only if I start the emacs starts by modelsim.
> 
> What is "modelsim"?  And how did you set up modelsim, whatever it is,
> to invoke Emacs?

Modelsim is a simulation program (www.model.com)

Mmmh, how did I setup - good question. I did not found any settings here
to set up ann external editor. I assume it's started by registry
settings. Do you know the key?

>> Than procexp shows:
>>
>> "C:\Program Files (x86)\emacs-24.1\bin\emacs.exe" +1
>> "D:\work\StructuralHealth\Software\PSoC5\Harvester\SignumComparator\SignumDP.cydsn\SignumDP\ms\SignumDP.v"
>>
>> If I run runemacs by clicking the icon and drag&drop my file to the
>> emacs windows from windows explorer procexp show:
>>
>> "C:\Program Files (x86)\emacs-24.1\bin\emacs.exe"
>>
>> I can successfully save the file. Even If I start the emacs by left
>> click "open with ..."!
> 
> And if you invoke Emacs manually with the +1 switch as ProcExp shows,
> can you then reproduce the problem?

No, it works even with the command line argument +1 correct.