Subject: bug#11681: GNU Emacs 24.1.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601) Save bug

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 11:11:55 +0300

> From: Olaf <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 09:02:29 +0200
> 
> > So you are saying that if you start Emacs by clicking the runemacs
> > icon, then you cannot save any files, whereas if you start Emacs by
> > running emacs.exe directly, the problem goes away, is that right?
> 
> It seems to be only if I start the emacs starts by modelsim.

What is "modelsim"?  And how did you set up modelsim, whatever it is,
to invoke Emacs?

> Than procexp shows:
> 
> "C:\Program Files (x86)\emacs-24.1\bin\emacs.exe" +1
> "D:\work\StructuralHealth\Software\PSoC5\Harvester\SignumComparator\SignumDP.cydsn\SignumDP\ms\SignumDP.v"
> 
> If I run runemacs by clicking the icon and drag&drop my file to the
> emacs windows from windows explorer procexp show:
> 
> "C:\Program Files (x86)\emacs-24.1\bin\emacs.exe"
> 
> I can successfully save the file. Even If I start the emacs by left
> click "open with ..."!

And if you invoke Emacs manually with the +1 switch as ProcExp shows,
can you then reproduce the problem?