Subject: bug#11677: 24.1.50; Segfault in delete-other-windows on the current trunk

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 05:54:12 +0300

> From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 00:49:38 +0200
> MailScanner-NULL-Check: 1340059778.9007@2uKdo4fQ4rEzyKCQA3Ok1Q
> 
> When running Emacs in batch mode (i.e. "make check" in Gnus), I'm now
> getting segfaults.  This started happening today.
> 
> It's totally reproducible.

Can it be reproduced with something simpler than "make check" in Gnus?
E.g., can you show the Lisp code of the function where this crash
happens?  "xbacktrace" would be useful.

> If the backtrace doesn't reveal immediately what the problem is, I can
> do a non-optimised Emacs build.

Please do.  I don't trust backtraces from optimized builds enough to
invest any time in studying them.

> Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
> 0x000000000046b0ec in Fdelete_other_windows_internal (window=11995861, 
>     root=15346021) at window.c:2649
> 2649      hlinfo = MOUSE_HL_INFO (f);

What is f in this frame, and can you see which part of the
MOUSE_HL_INFO macro causes the crash?