Subject: Re: bug#11669: 24.1; Build failure on amd64 with x32 ABI

From: Ulrich Mueller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 22:27:53 +0200

>>>>> On Mon, 11 Jun 2012, Glenn Morris wrote:

> So I guess you don't define i386 but rather __ILP32__ for some
> reason?

For x32, GCC defines both __x86_64__ and __ILP32__ (but not i386).
And the canonical system name is x86_64-pc-linux-gnu.

Size of long and of pointers is the same between i386 and x32.
However, x32 has native 64 bit support, so programs will get access to
64 bit registers for 64 bit types (e.g., long long).

> However, the src/m files have been removed in the trunk and the
> above piece of configure with it.

>>>>> On Mon, 11 Jun 2012, Glenn Morris wrote:

>> emacs-24's configure.in already attempts to deal with this kind of
>> thing:

> I didn't look at the context of your patch; obviously you knew that.

> I wonder if the removal of src/m/ in the trunk means it Just Works
> now?

Right, I haven't noticed any problems with the trunk.

Will 24.2 be released from the trunk or from the emacs-24 branch?