Subject: bug#11666: default-directory

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 02:11:35 +0200

Dave Abrahams <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I can't really imagine how Gnus would set the default directory in any
>> of its buffers to a TRAMP path by itself...
>
> I'm sure it doesn't do anything "by itself" :-).  Maybe something
> changes the global definition of default-directory, or dynamic scoping
> is unexpectedly getting in the way.

I see that all it takes is that you go to a tramp buffer and then say
`M-x gnus' for all the Gnus process buffers to get that as the default
directory.

That's probably not very nice.  But would binding `default-directory' to
"/" (or something) for the Gnus process buffers be the right thing?
Would that work?

I have a feeling that this might be one of those "don't do that, then"
things.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/