Subject: bug#11663: closed (Re: bug#11663: Incorrect regexp match with explicitly numbered blocks)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 08:58:02 +0000

Your bug report

#11663: Incorrect regexp match with explicitly numbered blocks 

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
11663: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=11663
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#11663: Incorrect regexp match with explicitly numbered blocks
From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
To: Vitalie Spinu <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 10:55:23 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Thanks for the report.  The problem was that at_begline_loc_p wasn't
updated when the `(?N:' syntax was added.  I have also fixed a problem
with preceding backslashes that causes the ^ in patterns like "\\\\(^a)"
to be incorrectly taken non-literally.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."

Subject: Incorrect regexp match with explicitly numbered blocks
From: Vitalie Spinu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2012 23:26:28 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi, 

Assume this buffer's text. M-x regexp-builder and try this regexp
"\\(?:^Hi\\)" which works correctly. Modify to "\\(?2:^Hi\\)" and you
will see that ^ is taken literally and does not match bol anymore.

I've tried this in emacs 23 and on GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1
(i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.2) of 2012-06-08 on lakoocha,
modified by Debian.

Vitalie.