Subject: bug#11651: Special display is not dedicated any more

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 10:01:07 -0400

Package: Emacs
Version: 24.1.50

Something's wrong with the way the `dedicated' bit is set:

  % src/emacs -Q --eval '(setq special-display-regexps (quote ("\\*.*\\*")))'
  C-h v values RET
  M-: (window-dedicated-p nil) RET
  q

The M-: shows that the window is not marked dedicated as it should.
And the `q' shows the consequence: rather than hiding the frame, Emacs
switches to some other buffer.

This was probably introduced in the last couple weeks.

        Stefan

In GNU Emacs 24.1.50.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10)
 of 2012-06-08 on pastel
Bzr revision: 99998 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11201902
Configured using:
 `configure
 'CFLAGS=-Wall -Wno-pointer-sign -DUSE_LISP_UNION_TYPE -DSYNC_INPUT -DENABLE_CHECKING -DXASSERTS -DFONTSET_DEBUG -g -O0'
 '--with-tiff=no''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_CH.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: InactiveMinibuffer

Minor modes in effect:
  electric-pair-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  url-handler-mode: t
  global-reveal-mode: t
  reveal-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: (only . t)

Recent input:
<up> <left> <right> <up> <left> <right> <up> <left> 
<right> <up> <left> <right> <down> <left> <right> <down> 
<left> <right> <down> <left> <right> <down> <down> 
<left> <right> <down> <down> <left> <right> <down> 
<left> <up> <left> <right> <right> <left> <right> <down> 
<left> <right> <up> <left> <right> <down> <left> <right> 
<down> <down> <down> <left> <right> <down> <left> <right> 
<down> <left> <right> <down> <left> <right> <left> 
<right> <down> <left> <right> <down> <left> <right> 
<down> <left> <right> <down> <left> <right> <down> 
<down> <left> <right> <down> <left> <right> <down> 
<left> <right> <down> <left> <right> <down> <left> 
<right> <down> <down> <left> <right> <down> <left> 
<right> <down> <left> <right> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <left> <right> <down> 
<left> <right> <down> <left> <right> <down> <left> 
<right> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <down> <down> C-e <right> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <left> <right> <up> <left> <right> <up> <left> 
<right> <down> <left> <right> <down> <left> <right> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> <mouse-1> <double-down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <double-drag-mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> <mouse-1> C-e <help-echo> 
<down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5> <double-mouse-5> 
<down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <double-down-mouse-1> 
<double-mouse-1> <triple-down-mouse-1> <triple-mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <double-down-mouse-1> <double-mouse-1> 
<triple-down-mouse-1> <triple-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> <double-down-mouse-1> <double-mouse-1> <help-echo> 
<switch-frame> M-x r e p o - e m <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Starting new Ispell process [/usr/bin/aspell::american] ...
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
 [2 times]
nil
Loading vc-bzr...done
Followed link to /home/monnier/share/etc/emacs/X11.el
Loading cl-indent...done
Package cust-print is obsolete!
Mark saved where search started
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(sort mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils multi-isearch xscheme
trace testcover scheme unsafep re-builder shadow inf-lisp ielm pp comint
ansi-color ring gmm-utils ert find-func ewoc debug elp edebug cust-print
cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit vc-bzr filecache server noutline
outline easy-mmode flyspell ispell eldoc checkdoc thingatpt help-mode
view prog-mode load-dir electric url-handlers url-parse auth-source
warnings eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv gnus-util mm-util
mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars reveal autoinsert uniquify advice
help-fns advice-preload time-date savehist minibuf-eldef disp-table
adaptive-wrap-autoloads all-autoloads company-autoloads
csv-mode-autoloads debbugs-autoloads djvu-autoloads ediprolog-autoloads
eldoc-eval-autoloads epoch-view-autoloads
f90-interface-browser-autoloads ioccur-autoloads jgraph-mode-autoloads
js2-mode-autoloads lmc-autoloads load-dir-autoloads markchars-autoloads
memory-usage-autoloads minimap-autoloads muse-autoloads info easymenu
oauth2-autoloads quarter-plane-autoloads rainbow-mode-autoloads
register-list-autoloads shen-mode-autoloads sisu-mode-autoloads
svg-clock-autoloads undo-tree-autoloads uni-confusables-autoloads
windresize-autoloads xclip-autoloads package proof-site proof-autoloads
cl-macs cl cl-lib cl-loaddefs pg-vars bbdb-autoloads agda2 tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe macroexp tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit
x multi-tty emacs)