Subject: bug#11651: closed (Re: bug#11651: Special display is not dedicated any more)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2012 10:16:02 +0000

Your bug report

#11651: Special display is not dedicated any more

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
11651: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=11651
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#11651: Special display is not dedicated any more
From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2012 12:13:37 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I comitted the fix proposed earlier.

martin

Subject: Special display is not dedicated any more
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 10:01:07 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Package: Emacs
Version: 24.1.50

Something's wrong with the way the `dedicated' bit is set:

  % src/emacs -Q --eval '(setq special-display-regexps (quote ("\\*.*\\*")))'
  C-h v values RET
  M-: (window-dedicated-p nil) RET
  q

The M-: shows that the window is not marked dedicated as it should.
And the `q' shows the consequence: rather than hiding the frame, Emacs
switches to some other buffer.

This was probably introduced in the last couple weeks.

        Stefan

In GNU Emacs 24.1.50.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10)
 of 2012-06-08 on pastel
Bzr revision: 99998 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11201902
Configured using:
 `configure
 'CFLAGS=-Wall -Wno-pointer-sign -DUSE_LISP_UNION_TYPE -DSYNC_INPUT -DENABLE_CHECKING -DXASSERTS -DFONTSET_DEBUG -g -O0'
 '--with-tiff=no''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_CH.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: InactiveMinibuffer

Minor modes in effect:
  electric-pair-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  url-handler-mode: t
  global-reveal-mode: t
  reveal-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: (only . t)

Recent input:
<up> <left> <right> <up> <left> <right> <up> <left> 
<right> <up> <left> <right> <down> <left> <right> <down> 
<left> <right> <down> <left> <right> <down> <down> 
<left> <right> <down> <down> <left> <right> <down> 
<left> <up> <left> <right> <right> <left> <right> <down> 
<left> <right> <up> <left> <right> <down> <left> <right> 
<down> <down> <down> <left> <right> <down> <left> <right> 
<down> <left> <right> <down> <left> <right> <left> 
<right> <down> <left> <right> <down> <left> <right> 
<down> <left> <right> <down> <left> <right> <down> 
<down> <left> <right> <down> <left> <right> <down> 
<left> <right> <down> <left> <right> <down> <left> 
<right> <down> <down> <left> <right> <down> <left> 
<right> <down> <left> <right> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <left> <right> <down> 
<left> <right> <down> <left> <right> <down> <left> 
<right> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <down> <down> C-e <right> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <left> <right> <up> <left> <right> <up> <left> 
<right> <down> <left> <right> <down> <left> <right> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> <mouse-1> <double-down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <double-drag-mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> <mouse-1> C-e <help-echo> 
<down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5> <double-mouse-5> 
<down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <double-down-mouse-1> 
<double-mouse-1> <triple-down-mouse-1> <triple-mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <double-down-mouse-1> <double-mouse-1> 
<triple-down-mouse-1> <triple-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> <double-down-mouse-1> <double-mouse-1> <help-echo> 
<switch-frame> M-x r e p o - e m <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Starting new Ispell process [/usr/bin/aspell::american] ...
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
 [2 times]
nil
Loading vc-bzr...done
Followed link to /home/monnier/share/etc/emacs/X11.el
Loading cl-indent...done
Package cust-print is obsolete!
Mark saved where search started
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(sort mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils multi-isearch xscheme
trace testcover scheme unsafep re-builder shadow inf-lisp ielm pp comint
ansi-color ring gmm-utils ert find-func ewoc debug elp edebug cust-print
cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit vc-bzr filecache server noutline
outline easy-mmode flyspell ispell eldoc checkdoc thingatpt help-mode
view prog-mode load-dir electric url-handlers url-parse auth-source
warnings eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv gnus-util mm-util
mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars reveal autoinsert uniquify advice
help-fns advice-preload time-date savehist minibuf-eldef disp-table
adaptive-wrap-autoloads all-autoloads company-autoloads
csv-mode-autoloads debbugs-autoloads djvu-autoloads ediprolog-autoloads
eldoc-eval-autoloads epoch-view-autoloads
f90-interface-browser-autoloads ioccur-autoloads jgraph-mode-autoloads
js2-mode-autoloads lmc-autoloads load-dir-autoloads markchars-autoloads
memory-usage-autoloads minimap-autoloads muse-autoloads info easymenu
oauth2-autoloads quarter-plane-autoloads rainbow-mode-autoloads
register-list-autoloads shen-mode-autoloads sisu-mode-autoloads
svg-clock-autoloads undo-tree-autoloads uni-confusables-autoloads
windresize-autoloads xclip-autoloads package proof-site proof-autoloads
cl-macs cl cl-lib cl-loaddefs pg-vars bbdb-autoloads agda2 tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe macroexp tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit
x multi-tty emacs)