Subject: bug#11649: 24.1.50; Some compilation woes

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2012 14:41:24 +0300

> From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2012 12:05:41 +0200
> Cc: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> 
> On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 11:29 AM, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > Volunteers are welcome to change the Windows bootstrap procedure to
> > include this optimization.  In the meantime, a larger stack will have
> > to be the solution.
> 
> I see. Though the stack depth still depends of the needs of that small
> number of preloaded files. Presumably none of them is big or complex
> enough.

Are you saying that there's some bug in the byte compiler?  You may be
right, although I don't see why the value 1200 should be OK, but 2200
shouldn't.

> > I don't see this with the latest trunk.  If you do, can you show a
> > complete recipe with the messages it produces?
> 
> I will try next wednesday. I don't have access to a build environment
> right now. But the recipe was just bootstrapping from a clean slate. I
> saw the warnings because I compare the bootstrap log with the previous
> bootstrap log (usually a few days older, at most).
> 
> >>   Autoload cookie error in ibuf-macs.el:129 (wrong-type-argument integerp nil)
> >
> > Do you still see this one?
> 
> I'll check.

Thanks.