Subject: bug#11636: 23.1; wrong comment indentation

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 09:18:39 -0400

>     (jd-re-or "COM_writeLog 1")         ;
>     (jd-re-paren
>      "return ")                       ; \2 <msg> \n <spaces> "return "
>     (jd-re-paren "[0-9]"))            ;
>    "COM_log \\3\\2\\3"))
[...]
> Is this a bug?

I don't think so:
- The second comment is not moved to the same column as the first
  because that would push the text past fill-column.  If you shorten the
  second comment or if you increase fill-column, then the 3 comments
  will be aligned.
- The first is not moved to the same column as the second because Emacs
  doesn't look past a non-commented line.  If you add a comment on the
  `jd-re-paren' line, then Emacs will look further and will align all
  4 comments.

        Stefan