Subject: 24.1.50; Gnus: MIME messages are no longer handled

From: Stefan Reichör <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 10:07:25 +0200

Hi!

After upgrading to the latest Emacs I have a major problem in GNUS:
messages in MIME format are no longer handled as before. Now I see all
alternatives as plain text, e.g.:

,----
| This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
| 
| --a8edf5ea92b84843a6e764149d3f7d56
| Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
| Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
`----

Please note that I also have a problem with auth-source.el (I can no
longer get mails). I fixed this problem by using an older version of
this auth-source.el. Not sure if this problem is related.

Stefan.

In GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.4)
 of 2012-06-01 on pchagakli
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11001000
Configured using:
 `configure '--prefix=/home/srei/prg/stow/emacs''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_AU.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-topic-mode: t
  vhdl-stutter-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  global-ede-mode: t
  global-semanticdb-minor-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  semantic-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  global-cwarn-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  cua-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Features:
(shadow emacsbug gnus-fun gnus-html xml url-cache vc-git gnus-dired
whitespace xgit-dvc xgit xgit-annotate xgit-log dvc-bookmarks
multi-isearch gnus-dup bbdb-gui smiley gnus-cite gnus-async gnus-bcklg
qp parse-time gnus-ml pop3 rot13 ibuf-ext gnus-topic nndraft nnmh
nnfolder bbdb-gnus bbdb-snarf mail-extr nnagent nnml network-stream
starttls tls gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-cache sigbegone spam spam-stat gnus-uu yenc gnus-namazu gnus-alias
gnus-registry registry ert debug netrc nntp hl-line help-mode view
arc-mode archive-mode semantic/tag-write org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail
org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-exp ob-exp
org-exp-blocks org-agenda org-info org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex
bibtex org-bbdb inversion semantic/imenu semantic/sb semantic/sort
semantic/db-file cedet-files semantic/wisent/python
semantic/decorate/include semantic/db-find semantic/db-ref
semantic/decorate/mode semantic/decorate pulse semantic/dep
semantic/wisent/python-wy semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent vc-svn
vhdl-mode html-mode jsp-html-helper-mode asp-html-helper-mode
php-html-helper-mode html-helper-mode tempo vc-hg xhg-dvc ede/dired
jka-compr vc-arch sunrise-x-loop-autoloads sunrise-commander-autoloads
tex-math-preview-autoloads package python-live-update xte ger-userdata
moinmoin-mode avoid linkd planner-registry planner-deadline
planner-trunk planner-psvn xhg xhg-annotate xhg-mq xhg-log bzr-submit
bzr dvc-annotate bzr-gnus xgit-gnus xhg-gnus midnight dar
deutsch-alt-neu ion3 grmon term disp-table screenshot internet-radio
holidays hol-loaddefs tla smerge-mode dvc-state dvc-config dvc-diff
dvc-fileinfo diff sendmail tla-gnus dvc-gnus dvc-cmenu dvc-about
dvc-version dvc-revlist desktop filecache woof progr-align pwsafe
remind-mode quick-task x-dict diminish babel url-handlers mm-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util w3m-wget webjump browse-url mkback mmm-auto mmm-vars
mmm-compat tmmofl mouse-embrace xwindow-ring saveplace live-mode
defaultcontent toc align boxes longlines ireplace assoc findr iedit
help-macro findstr igrep ange-ftp grep tempbuf keep-buffers
minibuffer-complete-cycle icomplete browse-kill-ring generic-dl
generic-menu misc planner-diary planner-tasks-overview
planner-accomplishments planner-gnus gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
epg-config mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap planner-multi crm
planner-id planner-bbdb planner sort muse-latex muse-html
muse-xml-common muse-wiki muse-colors cus-edit cus-start cus-load
muse-publish muse-project muse-protocols muse-regexps muse
muse-nested-tags muse-mode bbdb-autoloads bbdb-query bbdb-print bbdb-com
bbdb timezone boxquote rect timeclock find-recursive bubble-buffer
ibuffer bzr-core tla-core tla-autoconf tla-defs dvc-log vc vc-dispatcher
dvc-unified dvc-tips ffap url-parse url-vars ediff xdarcs-core xgit-core
xhg-core xmtn-minimal ede/linux ede/emacs ede/cpp-root ede/speedbar
ede/files ede ede/base ede/auto ede/source eieio-speedbar eieio-custom
semantic/db-mode semantic/db eieio-base semantic/idle semantic/format
semantic/tag-ls semantic/ctxt eassist semantic/util-modes semantic/util
semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet
which-func imenu escreen find-library read-library appt diary-lib
diary-loaddefs esh-groups eshell esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-ext esh-proc
esh-arg eldoc esh-mode esh-util esh-module esh-toggle
python-exception-walker pydoc ipython executable xsteve-python
python-mode info-look info vsim-nav cwarn php-mode flymake compile
cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe skeleton
reftex reftex-vars font-latex tex tex-site etags-table etags
screen-lines hideshow printing ps-print ps-def lpr msb mouse-copy paren
stig-paren reporter xsteve-functions dired-aux cal-iso bookmark
dvc-autoloads dvc-core dvc-lisp dvc-buffers dvc-ui dvc-register
dvc-utils dvc-emacs ewoc dvc-defs dvc-site psvn edmacro kmacro log-edit
pcvs-util add-log diff-mode pp elp ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind
ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util uniquify autorevert ehelp
electric tramp-cache tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat auth-source eieio
password-cache shell tramp-loaddefs recentf tree-widget generic-x server
ls-lisp wdired dired-x dired ido hippie-exp cua-base ob-python org
byte-opt warnings bytecomp byte-compile cconv macroexp advice
advice-preload derived org-fixup autoload help-fns ob-emacs-lisp
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys
ob ob-eval org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color ring org-list
org-faces org-compat org-entities org-macs noutline outline find-func
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail
mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message format-spec
rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr
wid-edit cl easy-mmode hi-lock time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)