Subject: Re: bug#11624: Slowness with virtual groups

From: John Wiegley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 13:40:37 -0500

>>>>> John Wiegley <[email-masked]> writes:

> M-g on the virtual group -- which references 25 local (Dovecot) IMAP groups
> -- takes 18s when there is no new mail available.  Below are the ELP
> results.

Here are the message counts in those groups:

mailbox                messages recent unseen vsize                          
------------------------------------------------------
list.wg21.admin        1903     0      0      8613702                        
list.wg21.all          4119     0      0      19785019                       
list.wg21.comm         8        0      0      18264                          
list.wg21.compat       1411     0      0      5839262                        
list.wg21.core         23896    0      0      68808790                       
list.wg21.date-lib     210      0      0      2053990                        
list.wg21.edit         1215     0      0      2268430                        
list.wg21.embed        4        0      0      100494                         
list.wg21.env          563      0      0      1574636                        
list.wg21.ext          15284    0      0      54233222                       
list.wg21.ibof         4        0      0      35113                          
list.wg21.intl         221      0      0      1003327                        
list.wg21.lib          34328    0      0      89911277                       
list.wg21.migration    72       0      0      194927                         
list.wg21.modules      2        0      0      80070                          
list.wg21.networking   30       0      0      120095                         
list.wg21.news         257      0      0      2381908                        
list.wg21.parallel     194      0      0      580438                         
list.wg21.perf         272      0      0      849683                         
list.wg21.rationale    11       0      0      22923                          
list.wg21.sci          19       0      0      39385                          
list.wg21.syntax       349      0      0      878593                         
list.wg21.ustag        13       0      0      70770                          
list.isocpp.discussion 69       0      0      414767                         
list.isocpp.proposals  248      0      0      2928343                        

John