Subject: bug#11619: 24.1; doc string of `repeat-message-function'

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 06:20:34 -0700

The doc string speaks of the var almost as if it were a user option: "To
disable such messages, set this variable to `ignore'."  If users are
expected to change the value then maybe the var should be an option.
 
And the doc string should say what a value of `nil' does - especially
since it is the default value.

In GNU Emacs 24.1.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-06-01 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include'