Subject: bug#11615: Subject: 24.1; Tool Bar Style ignored- tool bar always uses "image"

From: yary <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 16:34:03 -0400

This bug report will be sent to the Bug-GNU-Emacs mailing list
and the GNU bug tracker at debbugs.gnu.org.  Please check that
the From: line contains a valid email address.  After a delay of up
to one day, you should receive an acknowledgement at that address.

Please write in English if possible, as the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators for other languages.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug, and
the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give a recipe
starting from `emacs -Q':

Starting 24.1 Windows release candidate with -Q

Options menu -> Customize Emacs->Specific Group "frame"

The "Tool Bar Style" option has several choices, but none of them
affect the Tool Bar's display after clicking "State"->"Set for
current session". Even toggling the Tool Bar Mode
from visible->invisible->visible won't make the toolbar refresh
with text, it always remains image-only.

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
c:/Program Files/emacs-24/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 24.1.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-06-01 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: ENU
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Custom

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <options>
<customize> <customize-apropos-options> t o o l <return>
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo>
C-x 5 2 <switch-frame> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
C-x b F u <tab> <backspace> <backspace> <tab> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-movement> <mouse-2> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <switch-frame>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> <mouse-1> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <drag-mouse-1>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <help-echo> <wheel-down> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>
<drag-mouse-1> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <drag-mouse-1>
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> M-w
M-x r e p <tab> o <tab> r <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Creating customization items ...done
Resetting customization items...done
Creating customization setup...done
Making completion list...
To install your edits, invoke [State] and choose the Set operation
Mark set
To install your edits, invoke [State] and choose the Set operation
Mark set [2 times]
To install your edits, invoke [State] and choose the Set operation [2 times]
Making completion list... [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils help-mode view cus-theme eieio-custom eieio
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv macroexp wid-browse tree-widget gud
easy-mmode comint regexp-opt ansi-color ring apropos cus-edit easymenu
cus-start cus-load wid-edit time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 disp-table ls-lisp w32-win w32-vars
tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process multi-tty emacs)