Subject: bug#11613: closed (24.1.50; ruby-mode highlighting/indentation issues)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 04:24:02 +0000

Your bug report

#11613: 24.1.50; ruby-mode highlighting/indentation issues

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
11613: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=11613
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: 24.1.50; ruby-mode highlighting/indentation issues
From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 08:23:10 +0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

All fixed in revision 109911, except for the string symbol case, which 
makes sense both ways, and IMO is more trouble that it's worth.

--Dmitry

Subject: 24.1.50; ruby-mode highlighting/indentation issues
From: Quintus <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 14:08:56 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The following Ruby code snippets have indentation or syntax highlighting
problems in ruby-mode:

---------------------------------
ary = %w[deg
         abs
         def]
         breaks(indentation)

sym = :@symbol_not_ivar
sym = :"this is a symbol, not a string"

str = "This is \#{no interpolation} despite the #"

#@comment, not ruby code. Whole line highlighted despite the #.
# This is a comment and cannot have #{interpolation} in it.
---------------------------------

None of these is obfuscated or unusual code and is seen every now and
then in normal Ruby code (the last one mostly in documentation comments),
hence they should be highlighted/indented properly.

Greetings,
Marvin

In GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10)
 of 2012-06-02 on hades
Configured using:
 `configure '--prefix=/usr' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--localstatedir=/var'
 '--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--without-sound'
 '--with-xft' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64
 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4
 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,--hash-style=gnu''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: de_DE.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Ruby

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
ESC [ > 1 ; 2 8 0 2 ; 0 c ESC x r e p o r t - e m TAB
RET

Recent messages:
("emacs" "foobar.rb")
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils ruby-mode time-date tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)