Subject: bug#11606: 24.1; Get rid of buffer local hook variables in find-file.el

From: Leo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2012 10:07:28 +0800

On 2012-06-03 01:57 +0800, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> I like removing things, but could you expand on why you think we should
> remove these?

Not removing the hooks themselves but the buffer-local bits, i.e.

=== modified file 'lisp/find-file.el'
--- lisp/find-file.el	2012-05-04 05:14:14 +0000
+++ lisp/find-file.el	2012-06-03 02:06:57 +0000
@@ -284,11 +284,6 @@
 ;; No user definable variables beyond this point!
 ;; ==============================================
 
-(make-variable-buffer-local 'ff-pre-find-hook)
-(make-variable-buffer-local 'ff-pre-load-hook)
-(make-variable-buffer-local 'ff-post-load-hook)
-(make-variable-buffer-local 'ff-not-found-hook)
-(make-variable-buffer-local 'ff-file-created-hook)
 (make-variable-buffer-local 'ff-case-fold-search)
 (make-variable-buffer-local 'ff-always-in-other-window)
 (make-variable-buffer-local 'ff-ignore-include)