Subject: Re: bug#11599: New Gnus reads full group information too often

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 23:24:13 +0200

John Wiegley <[email-masked]> writes:

>   5. Press RET to visit any IMAP group.  Then press RET to visit any other
>      IMAP group.
>
>   6. Hit 'g'.  Now I see this in the minibuffer:
>
>      nnimap read 876k from localhost (initial sync of 1 group; please wait)

Right.  Something happens to the `unexist' tracking that makes Gnus
think that it needs to do a full resync, because it's gotten totally out
of sync.

I've had the same report from another user who's done extensive tracing
to try to find out why this happens, but so far I haven't been able to
reproduce or figure out why this happens.

Could you try to `g' until it stops doing the "initial sync" thing.  And
then `G E' on a group when it's "ok", and then `G E' the group again
after you've triggered the "initial sync" thing?  I think nnimap messes
up the group data somehow...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/