Subject: bug#11590: [PATCH]: lisp function for gtk-application-prefer-dark-theme

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 17:22:56 +0200

Antono Vasiljev <[email-masked]> writes:

>> GTK apps usually provide such possibliity via GSettings property
>> gtk-application-prefer-dark-theme[1].  I wonder how can it be binded to
>> elisp function (best file for such function).

[...]

> +DEFUN ("application-prefer-dark-theme",
> +       Fapplication_prefer_dark_theme,
> +       Sapplication_prefer_dark_theme,
> +       0, 1, 0,
> +       doc: /* Set dark theme variant for application if supported by
> +GUI toolkit and ARG is not nil. */)

[...]

> +  g_object_set (G_OBJECT (gtk_settings),
> +                "gtk-application-prefer-dark-theme", result, NULL);

Dark mode is very trendy now, so it would be nice if Emacs had support
for telling gtk about that.  But I wonder -- would it make sense to
expose setting gtk_settings stuff more generally to the Emacs Lisp work?
And then just have a (gtk-settings "gtk-application-prefer-dark-theme")
call or something...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no