Subject: 23.0.60; vc mode not working under newest Emacs.app

From: "Neo Lee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 19:01:16 +0800

Dear all,

I'm using both 22.2(in terminal) and 23.0 in Emacs.app on my MacBook Pro,

both installed by MacPorts.

There is no critical problem, almost everything are smoothly running, except
the

vc mode. It runs perfectly in 22.2 in terminal, but never really work in
Emacs.app.

When I open some file which IS under source control (svn or git), it says

'Load vc-git...done' or something like that (no errors), but the mode
actually

not activated. It's really annoying.

Any suggestions? Or just some similar situation that have been mentioned
here before?

Thanks.

Some system info below.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i386-apple-darwin9.5.0, *Step 9.0rc3)

 of 2008-10-05 on oasis

configured using `configure '--with-ns' '--without-x'
'--prefix=/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_aqua_emacs-app/work/emacs-23.0.0_NS-9.0rc3/nextstep/build/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources'
'--exec_prefix=/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_aqua_emacs-app/work/emacs-23.0.0_NS-9.0rc3/nextstep/build/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS'
'--libexecdir=/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_aqua_emacs-app/work/emacs-23.0.0_NS-9.0rc3/nextstep/build/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/libexec'
'--with-pop' '--enable-font-backend' '--without-freetype' 'CC=gcc-4.0'
'CFLAGS=-g -O3 -arch ppc -arch i386' 'CPPFLAGS=' 'CPP=' 'LDFLAGS=''

Important settings:

  value of $LC_ALL: nil

  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil

  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil

  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil

  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil

  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil

  value of $LC_TIME: nil

  value of $LANG: nil

  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil

  locale-coding-system: nil

  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:

  ecb-minor-mode: t

  tooltip-mode: t

  show-paren-mode: t

  mouse-wheel-mode: t

  menu-bar-mode: t

  file-name-shadow-mode: t

  global-font-lock-mode: t

  blink-cursor-mode: t

  global-auto-composition-mode: t

  unify-8859-on-decoding-mode: t

  auto-compression-mode: t

  line-number-mode: t

  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:

<help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> <report-emacs-bug>

Recent messages:

Loading /Users/neo/.emacs.d/cedet/common/cedet.el (source)...done

ECB 2.33beta2 uses loaded semantic 2.0pre4, eieio 1.0 and speedbar 1.0.1.

Loading /Users/neo/.emacs.d/yaml-mode.el (source)...done

Loading /Users/neo/.emacs.d/nxml-mode/rng-auto.el (source)...done

Loading /Users/neo/.emacs.d/find-recursive.el (source)...done

Loading /Users/neo/.emacs.d/snippet.el (source)...done

Loading /Users/neo/.ecb-user-layouts.el (source)...done

The ECB is now activated.

There are no NEWS to display.

For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

-- 
No, I will not fix your computer!

[email-masked]