Subject: Re: bug#1158: 23.0.60; vc mode not working under newest Emacs.app

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 01:58:57 -0400

neo lee wrote (on Wed, 15 Oct 2008 at 10:04 +0800):

> But the mode actually not working. If I try to use any of the vc-* commands
> after that, the message in mini-buffer will be:
> 
> No fileset is available here.
> 
> Other vc-mode functions are also missing, e.g. the revision displayed on the
> bar.

It is surprising that a change in configure options could affect such
a thing.

What happens if you start with `emacs -Q', and open the README file
from the directory where you checked out the CVS trunk?

If you repeat the experiment, but do M-x toggle-debug-on-error before
opening README, do you get any backtrace?

What does 

M-: (executable-find "cvs")

return?

What does

M-: (vc-cvs-registered "/path/to/emacs/cvs/README")

return?

What does

M-x list-load-path-shadows

say?